Hamilton County, Ohio, Burial Records, Vol. 14: Harrison Township

By: Hamilton County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society

Price: $29.00

Quantity: 1 available

Book Details: 186 pages, 8.5x11, (2001), 2007, 8.5x11, paper, 186 pp, Softcover, Heritage Books, Inc


Edited by Hazel L. Berry and Mary H. Remler. This volume comprises genealogical data gleaned from five cemeteries within the Harrison Township. Harrison is the northern-most township of Hamilton County, and the first plat for this village was recorded in 1813. Records are grouped by cemetery, arranged by lot number, and include (as available) first and last name, date of birth or age, date of death, and remarks. In 1817, Jabez C. Tunis donated one acre of land for a cemetery, stipulating that it always be used as a public burial ground-the Harrison Park Cemetery. Sixty-three burials were removed to Glen Haven Cemetery in 1887, and in 1894, the remaining burials were removed to the Woodlawn Cemetery. Three burials remain in the park to fulfill the donation requirements. Glen Haven Cemetery was incorporated in 1857 and is still active. This, the largest section, also provides (as available) place of birth, cause of death, and place of residence. Land for the Woodlawn Cemetery was deeded to the Presbyterian Church in 1832. The cemetery, now owned by Harrison Township, is still active. On February 10, 1829, two and three-tenths acres of land were deeded to the Presbyterian Church. The church building was demolished in 1879, but the Old Baptist Cemetery remains. The cemetery that later became St. John The Baptist (Catholic) Cemetery was first established in 1857. A map of Hamilton County cemeteries, maps of the individual cemeteries (with lot locations), a list of abbreviations used, and a surname index augment the text.
186 pages, 8.5x11, (2001), 2007, 8.5x11, paper, 186 pp, Softcover, Heritage Books, Inc


More Description


Edited by Hazel L. Berry and Mary H. Remler. This volume comprises genealogical data gleaned from five cemeteries within the Harrison Township. Harrison is the northern-most township of Hamilton County, and the first plat for this village was recorded in 1813. Records are grouped by cemetery, arranged by lot number, and include (as available) first and last name, date of birth or age, date of death, and remarks. In 1817, Jabez C. Tunis donated one acre of land for a cemetery, stipulating that it always be used as a public burial ground-the Harrison Park Cemetery. Sixty-three burials were removed to Glen Haven Cemetery in 1887, and in 1894, the remaining burials were removed to the Woodlawn Cemetery. Three burials remain in the park to fulfill the donation requirements. Glen Haven Cemetery was incorporated in 1857 and is still active. This, the largest section, also provides (as available) place of birth, cause of death, and place of residence. Land for the Woodlawn Cemetery was deeded to the Presbyterian Church in 1832. The cemetery, now owned by Harrison Township, is still active. On February 10, 1829, two and three-tenths acres of land were deeded to the Presbyterian Church. The church building was demolished in 1879, but the Old Baptist Cemetery remains. The cemetery that later became St. John The Baptist (Catholic) Cemetery was first established in 1857. A map of Hamilton County cemeteries, maps of the individual cemeteries (with lot locations), a list of abbreviations used, and a surname index augment the text.

Title: Hamilton County, Ohio, Burial Records, Vol. 14: Harrison Township

Author: Hamilton County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society

Categories: Ohio,

Publisher: Heritage Books, Inc: (2001)

ISBN Number: 0788417533

ISBN Number 13: 9780788417535

Binding: Softcover

Book Details: 186 pages, 8.5x11, (2001), 2007, 8.5x11, paper, 186 pp, Softcover, Heritage Books, Inc

Seller ID: H1753

Keywords: NEW,