Abstracts of Cecil County, Maryland Land Records, 1734-1753

By: June D. Brown

Price: $24.50

Quantity: 4 available


More Description

These records are taken from the Cecil County Deed Book Numbers five (1734-39) pp. 1-539; six (1739-45) pp. 1-486; and seven (1745-53) pp. 1-547. There are 8,714 entry names given. For a listing of land patents of Cecil County, 1649-1774, see Inhabitants

Title: Abstracts of Cecil County, Maryland Land Records, 1734-1753

Author: June D. Brown

Illustrator: Reg. Price: $24.5

Categories: Cecil,

Publisher: Heritage Books:

ISBN Number: 1585490385

ISBN Number 13: 9781585490387

Binding: Paperback

Book Details: (1999), 2002, 5½x8½ paper, index, 264 pp, Heritage Books

Seller ID: B0038

Description: These records are taken from the Cecil County Deed Book Numbers five (1734-39) pp. 1-539; six (1739-45) pp. 1-486; and seven (1745-53) pp. 1-547. There are 8,714 entry names given. For a listing of land patents of Cecil County, 1649-1774, see Inhabitants of Cecil County, Maryland, 1649-1774 by Henry C. Peden, Jr. Also contained in this volume are a list of naturalizations, petitioners, tax lists and sundry other lists. The full name index includes a listing of "tract names." Cecil County was created from Baltimore and Kent Counties in 1674. The boundary extended from the Susquehanna River down the Bay to Swan Point, to Hell Point, and up the Chester River. In 1706, Kent County was bounded by Eastern Neck, up the Bay to Sassafras River and to Long Horse Bridge. It is believed that the first settlement of the English, within today's Cecil County, was upon Palmer's Island (later called Watson's Island), near the Susquehanna.